I’m sure how all of you known about bans, right? Personally, the forgiveness system is horrible, or if there even is one. Everything here is all my opinion as a discussion and a suggestion.
To start off of, a lot of the bans/mutes usually have very wacky lengths. Saying “stab” got a player permanently banned (Who had a very clean history except 2 mutes a long time ago). See that issue? Now for me, with countless mutes, I’ve said worse stuff I regret to this day, I usually get a day or two of a mute back then. Doing so with those horrible things, I haven’t got banned at all. Even bigger issue there.
If they even is a format for a forgiveness system, I’d like to see it, because I really think they is no system off evidence up there and other things going to be listed down.
For example, a player uses the old /hat glitch from months ago, and gets 2 warnings after using it maliciously in the warzone for the benefit of killing players. Then, someone walks around the docks/spawn with an armor piece on their head, resulting them getting perm banned and appeal denied. See that issue? (This is related to a true story, just a bit edited in a better fashion) There is really no system for forgiveness in appeals with this situation. Another thing is ban lengths with what I just said. Ban lengths or mutes, need to have a reasonable amount; not a stupid amount of time. This would be based off the past history and offenses. This should also be based off how bad what the person did or said in the situation.
Now, a forgiveness system with appeals and ban lengths format would need to be made for the staff team that is more reasonable. This would be good for the rest of the server.
To start off with this statement is a bit of a repeat.
- The ban/mute should be based off the history of ban/mute of the offending player.
- The ban/mute should be based off what they did/said in the situation that occurred.
- If someone says something rude to a player, who they are good friends with, they should be warned not to say those things then giving them a long mute.
- Chances should be given before banning someone or muting someone. If they did it once, message them or say in chat to warn them not to do that again. The next time they do something related on what they did before, they should be banned/muted.
- Appeals should be accepted based on how well the appeal is and if they seem very sorry on what they did so.
- All bans/mute should be reasonable on the length and reason.
- Cant confirm this, but staff not to be that bias towards a player that DOES NOT like them.
Hopefully you could take this suggestion (Melon Dev) on my opinion about this. Reply on the post if you agree.
Final thing to top the cherry on the cake, I have lots of respect for the staff team. I’m very thankful that they do their job and enforce the rules in great ways, but I just thought the lengths and reasons were sometimes very stupid in some ways.
~VexellisSPOOKY get spooked