[Suggestion] Wards on the Open Seas

Ever wanted to have control over the Open Seas? Want to prove that your crew is the best? Just want an area where you have the upper advantage? Introducing: Wards!

What are Wards?

Wards are extremely strong magical items that allow you to mark an area of the Opean Seas as your territory. When a Ward is used, all friendly players gain some sort of buff.

How to use Wards:

Wards are usable in the Open Seas. The exact amount of area covered by a Ward would be about a 50x50 range. Buffs given by the Ward depend on two things: The user’s Caster level and the crew they are in. If a person without a crew casts a Ward, the power and area of the Ward is significantly decreased. To use a Ward, simple right click in the Open Seas and all the territory within a 50 block range is established.

How powerful are Wards?

Wards by themselves are not very powerful. If an enemy enters the territory within a Ward, a message alerting all crew members will appear in the crew chat.

Wards can be upgraded using Ward Essences, which boost their effectiveness:

Ward Essence: Boost [Gives all crew members within the Ward Strength I]

Ward Essence: Regenerate [Gives all crew members within the Ward Regeneration I]

Ward Essence: Drag [Gives any enemy entering the Ward Slowness I for 5 seconds]

Ward Essence: Toxify [Gives any enemy entering the Ward Nausea and Poison I for 5 seconds]

Ward Essence: Weaken [Gives any enemy entering the Ward Weakness I for 5 seconds]

Of course, the effectiveness of Wards and Ward Essences depends on the caster. The higher level the Caster skill is, the stronger the Ward.

[Cost: 1,500 Gold] Caster I: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 2,500 Gold] Caster II: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 3,500 Gold] Caster III: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 4,500 Gold] Caster IV: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 5,500 Gold] Caster V: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 6,500 Gold] Caster VI: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 7,500 Gold] Caster VII: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 8,500 Gold] Caster VII: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 9,500 Gold] Caster VIII: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 10,500 Gold] Caster IX: Duration of all wards increases by 5 seconds

[Cost: 11,500 Gold] Caster X: Duration of all ward effects increases by 5 seconds

Total Cost: 71,000 Gold

A Ward deployed by a Level 1 player will last for 10 minutes. For every 10 levels, the Ward lasts for 5 more minutes.

Ex:

Level 1: 10 minutes

Level 11: 15 minutes

Level 21: 20 minutes

Level 31: 30 minutes

Level 41: 35 minutes

The Ward timer maxes out at 60 minutes.

How can I find Wards?

Wards can be found in any Tier IV+ Crate and in the Rank Crates. They can also be bought at the Plunderer for 1,500 Pearls.

How do I destroy an enemy Ward?

There are two ways to destroy an enemy Ward:

-Kill the Caster-

You can eliminate the player who cast the Ward. Once the player is killed, the Ward will be destroyed and the area will be neutral.

-Be a higher level-

Players who have a significant difference in levels are unaffected by any Wards. Any player that is higher 5+ levels does not take damage from Wards.

Ex: A level 10 Player casts a Ward. A level 50 player walks into the Ward territory and is unaffected while a level 14 Player is slowed.

Spooky kitty time :smiley:

Anyway, that’s about it. Please give feedback and suggestions on how to improve/change this idea to improve gameplay. Thank you for reading the suggestion!

Upon reading this I was on edge but the level timer really makes it a good suggestion the only thing I would change would be that it wasn’t too dependent on level because some players don’t have grinders that they can use to get there.

Besides that another great suggestion.

Great idea, if more people played.

this aint dota2 my god

I have never played nor know what Dota2 is ._.

._. Do you live under a rock

( I don’t even know ._.)

Great idea overall :smiley: i hope this being added

I like the idea, would be interesting to see it be added.