While mob stacking is a great feature for lag for players and server alike, it has many drawbacks which is why I believe that there are some tweaks that should be made that players especially advanced will agree on. While this may not be too big of an issue now (still is for advanced players) it definitely will be a pretty big issues upon release of OP spawners.
- Grinders have become a lot harder, while before you could make a farm that takes one hit to kill mobs now it takes 2-3 hits with a diamond sword making. If you make a mob fall 20 or so block in minecraft it becomes 1 hit to kill but when the mob stacks, the first mob is one hit to kill but the next one is back to full health as it sees it as a mob just spawned hence messing with mob grinders.
- Exp is harder to get due to that as regular diamond swords without damage enchancing enchants take 3 hits to kill a zombie. This means more time used and more durability lost on the item. If a player wanted to use an enchanted sword it would still be 2 shot unless a charm is added to make it half health. With the high cost of repairing enchanted tools we are better off not using diamond swords to grind exp lol.
- It makes big farms near useless as a farm with 20 spawners is near just as efficient as a 50 spawner farm.
- With OP spawners being added one of the spawners we expect is iron golem spawners. With these spawners rolling out we would expect it to be a possible alternative to cacti farms to make money. However that won’t be the case if mob stacking isn’t changed. As they are a high HP mob and already take a while to die even in lava, once there are over 8-10 spawners it will take a long time for the stacked golems to die as they currently die one by one so if there’s enough spawners to keep a constant stacking, it’d cause there to be minimum difference between 15 to 50 ig spawners.
- Can cause the same issue explained to other OP spawners thay may be added (as none were confirmed I can’t be sure) such as ghast spawners.
However to make things simple I’ve already thought of possible solutions
• Make it so that specific stacked mob killed by any other reason such as fall damage, lava, cacti, etc. other than player damage it does not drop exp but kills the whole stack and multiplies to loot. To be more clear, if a mob stack of 3 Iron golems are killed bt lava, all 3 would die at once and drop the loot of 3 iron golems instead of one.
• Instead of having mandatory mob stacking, ad an option to disable mob stacking on the spawner gui.
• Adding a spawner charm Oneshot, mobs only need one damage to die.
• Adding a skill gem Grind, range of only 1-5 in 20% increments to one hit any mob.
Thanks for all your time I’d really love to hear what other players have to say as I’ve seen many people complain about this. My last post was able to get changes warzone chests and Oren spawner rates so hope to see positive results from this aswell to resolve the stated issues faced now and ones coming in future.