So it’s no surprise that Melov Dev. Are doing their best to try to keep the server up but I think myself and many others can also agree that have been making moves that are not the best for gameplay. I’ll elaborate on that later but I’m simply making this post to express how I and many others feel towards the server and the way it is at its current state. I hope the higher ups get their eyes on this as I feel I’m about to point out some important stuff.
- The current player base and cause.
- The server has been on its rock bottom for a while now from there being times with literally 0 players to average 5-20 players. There are two factors that are causing this, one lack of impactful youtubers and lack of enjoyable things to do on the server. I will be touching into both of those and how to fix it.
- So, here’s the truth and the sad one there has been a very low rate of success in terms of youtubers recording here. What I mean is once a YTer makes content here, not many people join and there are some factors that play into this that can and should be changed. Stop trying to get huge youtubers, more subscribers doesn’t mean more people joining. The huge youtubers usually these days have a very young audience and one that usually don’t even have minecraft accounts ahem ahem beckbrojack. Their audience simply isn’t interested in the content, bigger youtubers easily get concerned with a slight drop in view and decide to quit. I’ll put it like this, getting 5-8 youtubers with around 100k subs and decent views is a lot better than getting a youtuber with 1 million subscribers. Don’t believe me? Just look at VanityMC they signed smaller youtubers ranging from 10k to 100k but multiple of them ones with more of a mature audience and they are getting well over 1k players at all times no spoofing or anything. Example of other servers that this has worked for is PvPingMC pvpwars and others. In short: stop going for bigger youtubers with pretty low views instead go for smaller YTers if you want a better turnout.
- Reason to play and return.
- When people watch videos of their favorite YTer getting slaughtered first episode because of how over powered older players are it doesn’t necessarily make them want to try it themselves. People need a reason to play and newer people need a better chance to get OP if they grind for it.
- Leaderboard rewards
- Follow up to having reasons to play, introduce leaderboard rewards. This would mean that there would be monthly or weekly rewards for leaderboard players, with rewards that’s worth playing for such as buycraft vouchers or even PayPal rewards. This works well on servers and just gives people the extra bit of reason to play. Rewards don’t have to be crazy, but something that a daily player would love getting the chance to win. However the rewards shouldn’t be for something like top balance or just levels but based more on team work such as a raiding leaderboard or something of that sort.
- Seriously buffing the crates.
- I’m sorry Devon and others that call the shots it’s hard to know the state of the server when you don’t know the player base or play for yourself. Every old player is as stacked as they possibly can be, only thing to possibly do is grind levels or money none of which even has any point anymore as either there is no one to compete with or people simply can’t grind in weeks what people have gotten in months. While a new player still has issues getting a sword and armor with enchants older players like me literally have tens of sets, in my case 52 full sets of gear. The answer is seriously buff the treasure chests, increase the pearl to gold conversion rate as it is just not worth it anymore, don’t believe me? Just do /baltop. Buffing them can literally have no issues because older players already have what they could possibly get and it gives newer players the urge to go to the open seas. This can make the open seas alive again just look back at how tier 1 chests were, that should be the actual tier 1s and the other chests just need a buff instead of nerfing the t1 like they did.
- Voting rewards and leaderboards.
- Youtubers aren’t the only way to promote a server, it can also be done well from voting. We all have gone on a voting site to see a server I might be interested to play in. It brings in players and with a catchy banner saying its features being placed on featured or getting to the top 20 or so monthly voted servers could bring in huge amounts of players. Voting rewards should be something like 10-15k with some other stuff, this way people would have a reason to vote. There should be a slight chance of getting something like legendary/spawner/sunken chest aswell. But the bigger picture is, have a vote top system. Where the top 3 voters of the server get 50,25,10 dollar store vouchers. Point is to get the server another way of getting player to join which is a lot more cost effective and not as hard to do and is more long term benefits with no loss basically. If you have any YTers starting off, have them show off this feature and it’ll do the server justice.
- Tweaking raiding system.
- Raiding should be in a way that it happens more often but it’s hard to raid someone successfully. Currently there has only been 1-3 crews that ever raided, it’s a feature even I never had the opportunity to test out. The guardians just need a slight buff and the raids should be easier such as 2-3 raids a week for a crew that plays. Currently the crew island has no risks because literally no one fears being raided and has the benefits of using the OP spawners. There’s a few ways to do this, make an enchant to get fragments easier but this won’t work as many people just don’t go to the warzone to be safe. Better alternative is simply removing the idea of fragments, make there a system where a crew has to pay something like a fee of 100k-1million to get a raid on a random crew island. The crew member must be online and there will be a 20 minute sailing time so the crew being raided has a way to defend and the raiding crew can also get raids more often. But remember if that’s the case the guardians would have to be buffed.
- More warzone aspects and events.
- Add more warzone events such as king of the hill or a custom event like apocalypse where lots of zombies would spawn and stay for 5 minutes, person to get most kills gets rewarded with something like 100-250 pearls.
-We know dungeons are coming, something to compliment it is boss eggs. Would have to be either bought with pearls or spawned as a server event or both! Rewards should be based on most damage and can only be spawned in the warzone. When it spawns it should be announced in global chat along with the nearest dock or cords so others can participate.
- The economy needs changes from the cactus warts and for that small group of people that use emeralds. Prices need buffs not nerfs, other crops and farms should be usable for money instead of the same thing over and over. Things like iron needs to be buffed because from the same price and emerald spawners, they are absolutely garbage.
- Newer spawners and patching old ones
- Add spawners such as ghast squids and other mobs such as zombie pigmen as a way of making money. Patch mobs spawning in blocks and have them spawn in air or on top of a block that it worn suffocate on.
- Sad truth.
- Thing is, if you ever want to make the server as fun as it once was it needs to undergo a full reset where it comes back with the existing features and more. Youtubers would join and hype it up at once and the server would be fun to play with a bigger playerbase and lot more things to do. Because things like leaderboards and all are hard to just throw in and it’s hard to get players when a server has players that played months before them. But hopefully this would happen later in time, till then I’d like to see the features above pushed out but not in a hurry. If there’s an issue patch it first instead of ignoring or deleting the thread.
Former mod and staff recruiter.