How to make an efficient mob grinder (Step by Step)

How to make an efficient Mob Grinder

Materials:

• Block of Choice (I am going to be using cobblestone)
  • Slab of Choice (I am going to be using cobblestone)
  • Water Buckets
  • Dispensors
  • Redstone
  • A Button
  • A Hopper (Optional)
  • Redstone Lamps (Optional)

Step 1:
Place your block of choice down with a slab on top of it. Than place a ring of your block one block above the slab. It should look something like this;

Step 2:
If you want your mobs to be “one hit kill” tower up the ring of cobblestone to be 21 blocks high. If you don’t mind if they take a couple shots to kill only go up a couple blocks. I am going to only tower up 5 blocks, but it should look something like this;

Step 3:
Create a platform according to this diagram, the gold is where the hole for the mobs to drop is.

Than fill the dispensers with water.

Step 4:
Make the walls about 3 - 5 blocks high and then add a roof, it should look something like this.

Step 5:

Lead redstone into all the dispensers, it should look something like this;

(Dispensers are behind the light blue stained clay)

Step 6:
If you want a collection system for the mob drops you can add a hopper leading into a chest. it is so self explanatory I won’t include a screenshot.

Step 7: If you want your mob grinder to have an on and off switch, you can add redstone lamps and connect them to a lever which controls if your grinder is active or not, if the light is on it’s not active and if it’s off it is active. It may look something like this;

Step 8:
Decorate and make it go with your island theme! Here’s how mine looks for some inspiration;

Tip: To use this grinder, press the dispenser buttons so the water pushes mobs down, make sure to press the button twice so mobs can continue spawning.

A Pirate's Ultimate Guide to Everything [Tutorial Contest]