Welcome to Patch 1.8!
We’ve listened to your feedback, and are introducing many new ways to get the items that previously would only be efficient to get in PVP areas. Let’s jump right into it!
Say hi to Ore Spawners!
Ore Spawners join Ore Essences as a brand new way to generate ores on your island passively! These fantastic blocks will make sure you’re always stocked with resources as long as you’re passively working on other things nearby!
Level 1 Iron Ore Spawner
Level 10 Iron Ore Spawner
Like Mob Spawners, Ore Spawners level up with use and improve their spawn rate over time.
Spawner XP & Levels
Like other things in Uncharted, your ore spawners too get better opver time. Every single time a block is spawned, they’ll gain a random amount of XP (between 1 and 5). Each time a spawner levels up, the spawn rate for your ores are increased, and you’ll unlock your Charm Slot for your ore spawner at max level, level 10.
Spawner XP Bottles
Spawner XP Bottles can be found throughout Treasure Chests in the Open Seas, from the new Wrangler Undead Kit and from the Plunderer in the Trading Post. Using a Spawner XP Bottle will boost the XP of a spawner by the values shown. Get those high levels quickly!
Ready to level up?
When your spawner has reached max XP, it’s time to level it up! The requirements to advance to the next level vary based on the spawner type and the new level – just click on the Glowing Star at the bottom to see what you need and advance to the next level!
Ore Spawner Charms
Ore Spawner Charms, like their mob counterpart, can be used to improve and augment the abilities of your ore spawners. We’ve released 5 different ore spawnes for release for you all to enjoy, with plenty more planned and coming down the pipeline.
By default, spawners will only replace stone and cobblestone nearby with their target ore. The Aether charm allows your spawner to replace AIR as well!
Cluster helps you get more ores quickly! When your spawner activates, there is a 10% chance that an ore couple will spawn! Adorable!
Lottery gives your spawner a 10% chance to generate a completely different ore then the one the spawner is designed for!
Reach expands the range of your spawner by 2x, allowing more ores to generate over time!
Rush is for those that can’t wait! Rush doubles the production speed of your ore spawner.
Unlike mob spawners, ore spawners only have a single charm slot. You’ll unlock this charm slot for use when your spawner reaches Level 10, the max level for ore spawners.
We’re also rolling out two new mining-related skills to compliment the release of ore spawners!
The Boom gem has a chance to destroy surrounding blocks whenever you mine on your island. This gem can be applied to any tool and is improved by the new Blast Mining
The Vein gem gives all ores you mine a chance to copy to adjacent stone or cobblestone - increasing the value of any ores on your island! Vein has a 1% chance per level to trigger and increases the amount of ores it copies starting at both level 5 and 10!
TREASURE CHEST UPGRADES
Higher tier treasure chests on Uncharted just got a whole lot better!
First off, they have a great new look…
And secondly, we’ve made some great changes that make higher tier chests significantly better then they used to be.
- Tier 1 Chests now contain 3 items, down from 5.
- Tier 2 Chests now contain 5 items and a reduced item quality guarantee down to Common.
- Tier 3 Chests now contain 7 items (up from 5), and a reduced item quality guarantee down to Common.
- Tier 4 Chests now contain 9 items (up from 5), and a reduced item quality guarantee down to Uncommon.
- Tier 5 Chests now contain 11 items (up from 5), and a reduced item quality guarantee down to Rare.
We’ve also overhauled how chests work internally in preparation for a future patch. Players with old chests will find that they will still continue to work, so long as they have not yet expired.
Sunken Chest Updates
Tier 1 Chest, Sunken Pick now contains Reinforce +2 and Spawner Touch +2
Tier 1 Chest Gold reward increased to 40,000 (up from 25,000)
Tier 1 Chest can now reward a Spawner XP Bottle [50 - 100] x2.
Tier 1 Chest can now reward 4x Tier 4 Treasure Chests
Tier 2 Chest, Deep Sea Pick now contains Reinforce +2 and Spawner Touch +2
Tier 2 Chest Gold reward increased to 60,000 (up from 45,000)
Tier 2 Chest can now reward a Spawner XP Bottle [75 - 100] x3.
Tier 2 Chest can now reward 10x Tier 4 Treasure Chests
Tier 3 Chest, Shipwreck Pick now contains Reinforce +5, Spawner Touch +5
Tier 3 Gold Reward increased to 100,000 (up from 60,000)
Tier 3 Chest can now reward a Spawner XP Bottle [100 - 200] x5.
Tier 3 Chest can now reward 15x Tier 5 Treasure Chests
Monthly Rank Chest Updates
- Privateer’s Pickaxe now contains Reinforce +2, Spawner Touch +2
- Privateer’s Gold Reward increased to 50,000 (up from 10,000).
- Privateer’s XP Reward increased to 100 (up from 50).
- Privateer chest now contains Spawner XP [50 - 100] x2
- Privateer chest now contains 10x Unidentified Spawn Eggs
- Privateer chest now contains 5x Tier 3 Treasure Chests
- Captain’s Pickaxe now contains Reinforce +3, Spawner Touch +3
- Captain’s Gold Reward increased to 100,000 (up from 25,000).
- Captain’s XP Reward increased to 150 (up from 100).
- Captain’s chest now contains Spawner XP [75 - 150] x2.
- Captain’s chest now contains 20x Unidentified Spawn Eggs
- Captain’s chest now contains 5x Tier 4 Treasure Chests
- Admiral’s Pickaxe now contains Reinforce +5, Spawner Touch +5
- Admiral’s Gold Reward increased to 150,000 (up from 45,000).
- Admiral’s chest now contains Spawner XP [100 - 200] x2
- Admiral’s chest now contains 30x Unidentified Spawn Egg
- Admiral’s chest now contains 5x Tier 5 Treasure Chests
Rank Kit Updates
New items have been added to various tiers for all 3 rank kits! Check it out in-game with
Other Notable Changes
/toggleSpawnersfor toggling whether or not you see spawner messages for your current session. Resets after logout.
- Improved reliability for Gold balance to be accurate. (No more de-sync issues!)
- Decreased chance for a negative gold balance to occur. (Again, no more de-sync issues!)
- Adjusted mechanics relating to mob spawning
- Removed zombie chicken jockeys from spawners
- Removed baby zombies from spawners
- Adjusted pricing for Skills. Gold costs are now based on how many total skills you’ve purchased before, not the level of the skill within the current tier. New players will find that entry costs are now only 100 - 200 Gold instead of 1,000 - 2,000.
- Other backend adjustments and tweaks
We hope you enjoy this update!
There’s something special happening on Sunday…